Thursday, October 22, 2009

How Romo and Ryan match up by the numbers

COMP ATT YDS COMP% YDS/A LONG TD INT SCK RAT
Tony Romo 96 165 1341 58.2 8.13 80 6 4 9 86.5
Matt Ryan 101 156 1162 64.7 7.45 90 9 4 2 95.6

Looking at the numbers I would have to say that the advantage would go to Matt Ryan. His overall QB rating is much better than Romo's plus his completion percentage is nearly 7 points better. That means that Ryan is making better throw's and his receivers are making the catches, something that our receivers don't know how to do sometimes.

You'll also see that Matt Ryan doesn't get sack a whole lot. He likes to get rid of the ball quick and has a lot of short drop backs. It's going to be tough for us to get pressure on him and get the sack.

Another advantage I would give to Ryan is that I believe he is a better leader even though this is just his second year in the league. I like Romo, I really do, but I don't believe he is a very good leader and that is something that he needs to be around here. This team needs him to be a leader, someone to take charge of things and get into peoples faces when they make dumb mistakes and get their heads back into the game. Tony does not do this. Troy did and so do other great quarterbacks and leaders.

Now I haven't seen Matt Ryan do this so I don't know if he does or not but from all the things that I've heard on the radio shows and TV is that he is one of the hardest working players in the game. He is at work pretty much every day even when he doesn't have to looking at tape and working to get better. You never hear of Romo doing stuff like this.

BallHype: hype it up! I'm reading: How Romo and Ryan match up by the numbersTweet this!

No comments:

Post a Comment