Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm a winner! No thanks to you Mr. Hasselbeck

Week 6 of the fantasy football season is now over and I am victorious for the second week in a row! I was able to crush my opponent jarhead hoo rah, who had been the winner of three in a row, 66 to 50. The amazing thing was that I was able to crush him without any points from my quarterback.

I was in dire need of a QB with Romo on the bye week and Sanchez sucking it up so I had to look to free agency for a decent QB. All week I was reading and hearing from all the "experts" how Matt Hasselbeck would be a great quality start since he was facing the Arizona Cardinals and their pass defense is one of the worse in the league. Well, nobody told that to Arizona who pretty much shut Hasselbeck out. He gave me zero freaking points! At one time he was at -1.

Luckily I had a great day out of my running backs Maurice Jones-Drew, who I believe is one of the top performing fantasy players for the week, and Jonathan Stewart. My New England defense finally showed up and gave me some decent points. My pickup of free agent Matt Prater of the Broncos was a quality move. He gave me 10 points. The rest of my team were underachievers.

Jarhead hoo rah was able to keep it pretty close with some great outings from Thomas Jones who gave him 16 points. He was projected at 9. He also got 16 points from his kicker Ryan Longwell. He was projected at 8.

If it wasn't for those two I would have blown him out because everybody else on his team were underachievers besides Peterson who gave him 8. He should have started Flacco instead of Manning since Flacco got 13 points and Manning just gave him 4.

Here's how we stacked up.

Aggies
jarhead hoo rah
Pos Player Opp Proj Act Pos Player Opp Proj Act
QB Matt Hasselbeck ARI 11 0 QB Eli Manning @NO 8 4
WR Brandon Marshall @SD 4 2 WR Steve Smith @NO 3 2
WR Nate Burleson ARI 5 2 WR Anquan Boldin @SEA 4 2
RB Maurice Jones-Drew STL 13 25 RB Adrian Peterson BAL 7 8
RB Jonathan Stewart @TB 4 10 RB Thomas Jones BUF 9 16
TE Todd Heap @MIN 3 2 TE Benjamin Watson TEN 2 0
K Matt Prater @SD 8 10 K Ryan Longwell BAL 8 16
DEF New England TEN 7 15 DEF Baltimore @MIN 7 2
55 66 48 50

Now for the rest of the league games.

Budmans 4 Aces - 63
TopDawg Sooners - 50

BIG RED - 46
reservoir dogs - 39

Donkey Punchers - 53
Bulldogs - 66

And for the second week in a row half of my team is on a bye week, so I'm going to have to make some more moves this week as well. Lame!

BallHype: hype it up! I'm reading: I'm a winner! No thanks to you Mr. HasselbeckTweet this!

No comments:

Post a Comment